Friday, February 28, 2014

i love a sunburnt country...

I've had a great time making some large hanging maps of Australia this month.  The fabrics are just so stunning and vibrant and are a joy to play around with.  I love songs and poems about Australia, and this inspired me to include these familiar sayings on the wall hangings.

I'm stocking them in two shops now... Page 8 in Mornington and Davies & Son in Hampton

Page 8 Mornington









words from here...Advance Australia Fair


words from here...i still call Australia home


I've also  made some without wording.  My maps started out smaller and I had them framed, (as in top picture) but soon discovered how popular they were for sending overseas. Due to customer demand I have now made them in hanging form as they are much easier to roll up for posting or to take on the plane overseas. 


They make wonderful presents...they have gone to far off places such as Sweden, Singapore, and London as well as here locally.



the lucky country


a little tour of Davies & Son



wall of framed fabric word art and happy birthday bunting


hanging map of Australia 'give me a home among the gum trees'


framed maps of Australia


gorgeous homewares


Basil Bangs umbrellas and cushions also here


Lindy Loo cushions


hanging birdy wreaths 

and lucky last...one of my favourites


John Williamson sings for the late Steve Irwin give me a home among the gum trees


No comments:

Post a Comment