Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Monet Exhibition...

My Nanna used to have a Renoir painting (not the original of course) but a copy she bought on her travels to Paris.  It was Girl with Dog from the Luncheon of the Boating Party and it was hung on the back of her kitchen door.  I loved that painting.  Ever since then I have loved the works of The Impressionists - a 19th century art movement that originated with a group of Paris-based artists.


I missed the Renoir Exhibition when it came to Adelaide some years ago, so when I heard there was to be a Monet exhibition (Claude Monet was one of the Impressionists) I was definitely not going to miss it.

With my best friend outside the National Gallery of Victoria


You may be familiar with Monet's paintings of his garden

  Japanese bridge
Waterlilies

Afterwards we headed off for lunch.

One of my favourite things to do in Melbourne is wandering down the laneways.  They are filled with cozy little places to eat.


This is Degraves Laneway


After looking at all the famous French paintings and having lunch down here we kind of felt like we were in Paris!




No comments:

Post a Comment