Tuesday, February 12, 2013

List #5 unexpected happenings...

My list for this week has taken an unexpected turn.

We found ourselves in the emergency department yesterday afternoon after Miss 12 had a nasty fall on her scooter. After a very long wait for pain killers, seeing doctors, X-rays and CT scans she was admitted overnight to have surgery on a fractured ankle and then a plaster.

Sometimes things happen for a reason. It has made our family value what is important in life.

So here is my list for this week..
# being there for your family
# valuing love and support from friends & family
# appreciate & care for each other
# don't take things for granted
# being kind

I am so grateful to be able to do what I love and work from home and still be able to look after my family when unexpected things happen.

It's also made me realise what so many people go through when their loved ones are hurt or sick and maybe I could be more supportive to my friends & family in ways I hadn't made time for or thought of before.

And don't take your comfy bed for granted. Two nights curled up in a hospital chair is not good for your back!!



2 comments:

  1. How awful, I hope Miss 12 is okay. I love your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, we are happy to be home again and now getting Rose used to getting around on crutches. It's not going to be easy!
      I am hoping to get to Spotlight soon so I can find out the name of the green fabric you like (that I used on one of the doorstops).

      Delete