Thursday, January 24, 2013

enjoying our summer...

I took the kids to the Australian Open tennis for the first time.  I chose a day which wasn't too hot (25 degrees) but I have to tell you, when you are sitting in the glaring sun it feels like 35 degrees.  I bought a day pass which allows you access to all the outside courts.  To get a seat inside Rod Laver Arena where the big names play will set you back over $300.00 - very expensive! But what an exciting atmosphere to be there.


The kids were really excited to see Serena and Venus Williams playing in a doubles match and they are both inspired to have tennis lessons now.


One of our favourite players


Novak Djokovic won the Australian Open last year, wonder if he can do it again?  We also like Roger Federer.
If we go again next year I will go at the start of the tournament when there are more players to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment