Tuesday, September 4, 2012

new cushions for Spring..







I have just finished making this cute little cushion.  It's a custom order for a christening.  It was left up to me to pick the fabrics so I decided to go for a sweet and playful design with a bit of nature rather than too pink and girly.


and on the reverse


I think I spent more time choosing the fabrics than it took to sew up.

This is a cushion partly made by my son.  Using a special marker (it disappears when you spray water on it) my son drew a picture onto a piece of fabric.  Then using different coloured threads, I hand stitched over his 'rocket blast off' drawing.  It's a fun thing to do and a nice keepsake.  It could also be put in a frame, but we decided to make it into a cushion.

and this was an unfinished piece that had been lying around for far too long.  It too has been turned into a cushion.

I stitched these letters so long ago, I can't remember what the stitch is called or how to do it!






No comments:

Post a Comment